Objectives of Desire
1. Pair subdued pastels with vibrant greens via an abundance of indoor plants. Not only are they made for Instagram, but urban jungles really do breathe life into rooms
2. Add accessories in warm-toned natural materials, such as wood – think rustic chopping boards and schoolhouse-style bar stools – with painted accents that pick up on the palette
3. Hang industrial-inspired pendant lamps in flat, matt grey concrete in front of glossy pastels for a welcome contrast
4. Introduce a wild-card item, such as a terrazzo tray, that combines materials and colours used elsewhere. This surface is experiencing something of a retro revival
5. Finally, what’s a social setting without seating you can slouch into? Choose something neutral that’s chic but comfortable
Get the ice-cream shades trend licked with these three tasteful ideas:
In the Zone
Highlight a corner by partially painting two walls in Tranquil Dawn, adding a horizontal strip around the top in pale Soft Peach.
Complete the cosy nook by hanging a small, simple light and scattering a few coordinating cushions in neutral tones. It’s the perfect space to relax and unwind.
On The Tiles
Enhance a painted splashback with a couple of rows of medum-sized tiles directly above the worktop. Pair fresh-faced pastels with a style like Archivo Crochet from Topps Tiles, featuring a subtly aged appearance to balance the scheme. The tiles will help protect your paint and keep the splashback looking pristine.