How to paint a honeycomb design on your wall
- To start, remove any handles and clean the surface of the wood with hot soapy water and a nylon-washing pad. You’ll also want to fill any cracks or holes with a wood filler, before lightly sanding the surface smooth. Wipe down with a damp cloth and let dry.
- Time for priming. Apply a single coat of Dulux Supergrip all-purpose primer and leave to dry (check the instructions if you’re unsure of the drying time).
- Onto the painting! We recommend water-based paints such as Dulux Pearlglo water-based enamel, as they dry quickly and give a beautiful finish. You’ll want to work in a well-ventilated area but away from a direct draft (this could cause the paint to dry too quickly).
- Apply your first coat of paint with a good quality synthetic fibre brush and give it plenty of time to dry before applying the second coat. For a super smooth paint application, lightly dampen the wood using a sponge first.
- If you’re painting a tabletop or a horizontal surface, we recommend applying a coat or two of clear varnish for extra protection after the paint has fully dried. Satin or matt varnishes are particularly good at helping to mask scratches. Give your furniture at least 12 hours to dry before reattaching the handles and moving the piece back into place.
- Enhance the beauty of your newly painted furniture with personal accessories, such as a collection of glassware or photographs.
You may also like: