Choosing paint colours? Confidence is key
- First, remove any knobs and handles and lightly sand the furniture with medium coarse paper. This will help the paint grip. Wipe with a damp cloth and leave to dry.
- Paint the bare furniture with a wood or multi-surface primer (use a multi-surface if you’re painting over old paint). Leave to dry and then lightly sand with a fine grade paper. Wipe to remove dust.
- Onto the exciting part. Choose your paint Dulux has a range of gloss and satin finishes available. Remember, the glossier the finish, the easier it will be to keep clean.
- To prevent brush marks, use a good quality brush (3-inch will suit most jobs) or a small roller. Use a 1-inch brush for the fiddly bits. You’ll need 2-3 coats to ensure an even coverage.
- Once the paint is dry, sand lightly, clean away the dust with a damp cloth and marvel at your handiwork.
You may also like: