Five easy decor ideas to add colour to your home
- Try paint testers in a range of shades. This is a wonderful way to ensure the colour you love looks just as great on your walls as it does online.
- Before you start painting, apply two coats to a piece of A4 lining paper. Hang the paper on different walls throughout the day to see how the colour changes in sunlight and under artificial light. You’ll find that whites are particularly influenced by the effects of light.
- Which direction does your room face? It’s important to keep in mind that most colours will look slightly darker and colder in north-facing rooms because the light is cooler and flatter.
- Wet paint looks vastly different to dry paint. Try not to make any decisions until the paint is completely dry.
- Most importantly, trust your instincts. If you love it, it’s right.
You may also like: